This weekend consisted of a lot of experimentation with ornaments. I had found this fantastic glitter paint that I wanted to try using to coat the inside of glass ornaments. I thought that maybe it would be even easier than glittering. (Boy, was I WRONG.)
In the course of my ornament experimentation, I managed to blow up an ornament in my oven, resulting in a massive glitter bomb. I also wasted more ornaments than I care to think about trying different techniques.
One of those techniques was just coating the outside of the ornament. It was successful, but what's the point if you can't adhere vinyl to it and can find them at any dollar store... minus the mess and hassle?
While coating the outside of the ornament, I noticed that the paint dripped down in a neat way. So I did one ornament that was completely coated to test the technique, and the other one, I added significantly less. I WANTED the drips. To me, it looked like a cave... an ice cave. Awesome. I immediately knew what I wanted to do.
And I also did the back.
When I was thinking about the design of the ornament, I went looking for some cute polar bear artwork, but nothing seemed to fit what I was looking for. So I made my own. :)
I'm really loving the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio. Lots of neat tricks!
I cut out all the vinyl, adhered it to my transparency to make the bear "float" in the middle of the glass ornament, and then added Swarovski crystals to the snowflakes for a little extra pop. Super excited about this one!
And a few pictures of my experiments this past weekend.
The vast majority were fails... but you can't win them all!