Monday, October 22, 2012

Random Projects

     Liam is growing so fast!  The kids all adore him, and the cats are really starting to love hanging out with him as well.
Booger "kissing" Liam.



     He's even starting to smile!

Liam's gummy grin.
     With four kids and almost zero free time when they're awake, I've made nap time my crafting sanity saver.  I created my own hat pattern that makes double-layered hats with hidden seams and worked it until my crafting-OCD tendencies were completely satisfied.  So I made some hats to add to the shop:
And then I made some more:
And then I made a million more.  :)  All-in-all, I came up with a nice selection for the shop.
     In between hat-making and various other craft projects, I've been trying to figure out creative ways to use up all of the eggs that our ladies are now laying.  With five chickens, we're averaging 4-5 eggs a day.  That means a LOT of scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs omelets, quiche, egg soufflés and whatever else I can think of.
     I really wanted to start carrying a variety of onesies in my shop as well, since my favorite, absolute FAVORITE, thing in the world to make is baby stuff.  If I hear that someone is having a baby, it's ON.

     So I placed an order for onesies, and I plan to add them to the shop after they've received the Spicy Pinecone treatment.  ;)
     I also have a friend that is an absolutely fantastic artist.  I asked him if I could use his artwork for my kids (just my own personal use) so I could use it to make them some t-shirts.  He was totally cool with it and gave me the go-ahead, so I took an afternoon, my Silhouette and some printable heat transfer paper and went to town.
   Optimus Prime, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Wall-E.  Each kid got 3 tees and all of the older kids (unfortunately, while Liam will look fantastic, he does not appreciate fine t-shirt art as of yet) just completely lost their minds when they saw them.  Scarlett immediately had to put on her TMNT shirt and get her picture taken.

     Finally, just today, I went to Cam's school because they were having a Locks of Love donation today.  I didn't know that we'd be getting our hair chopped off in front of hundreds of students and almost the entire school faculty!  I was a little surprised, but the kids got a huge kick out of seeing all the hair getting lopped off.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the event because I was juggling a baby and a toddler and my son was in the crowd, but trust me when I say that it was horribly crowded, bright, and HOT outside.

    I did, however, get a picture of Scarlett holding up a bag of my hair afterwards, once we were allowed to come inside.
  And a nice crossing guard was kind enough to snap another picture of me after the donation, while a hairstylist cleaned up my new 'do.
    At this point, Liam was NOT happy in his carseat and insisted on being held throughout the haircut.  I swear, I think that every woman at the event passed by and tickled his toes.  He adored it.

No comments:

Post a Comment